JOBS AT JELLYSTONE PARK™ MILL RUN
Swimming Pool / Water Slides
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS & RESPONSIBILITIES:
Maintain a safe, clean and fun environment at our water facilities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Includes the following plus other related duties as assigned.
- Water Slide attendants one will be at the top and one will be at the bottom enforcing all rules.
- Top Water Slide person will be responsible for top of slides maintaining a safe environment and assisting the loading of customers safely on their mats and keeping a safe distance between riders. Making sure all customers have correct arm bands.
- Bottom Water Slide Attendant will watch the landing pool keeping customers flowing out of the pool as soon as they land. Keeping landing pool free of debris, taking chlorine levels hourly and documenting them in the Water Slide book. Notify Maintenance if there is a problem with the levels. Passing out golf clubs and balls. Making sure all customers have correct arm bands.
- Slide booth must be kept neat and organized at all times.
- Any keys, reports and arm band cards are pool and slide attendants responsibility to pick up in the office at the beginning of their shifts and return at the end of business day.
- All attendants are responsible for keeping their area clean of litter and other debris.
- Water Slide attendants are responsible to walk the slides every time before they are put back in operation.
- Any time there is an incident / accident they must notify Mike or Tracy immediately, and fill out a report.
- Pool attendants are to watch over the pool and spray zone and maintain a safe and friendly environment.
- Pool attendants are required to take chlorine levels hourly and documenting them in the pool and spray zone. Notify Maintenance if there is a problem with the levels.
- Pool area must be kept free and clear of garbage.
- Pump house must be kept neat and free and clear of debris.
- Lawn chairs, tables and umbrellas kept neat.
- Assist in snack bar when needed.
- Water Wars Attendants will be responsible for putting on and taking off the sling shots, filling balloons, picking up broken balloons, collecting money and documenting inventory (money bags must balance).
- Game room shift attendants must pickup the keys, animaland money bag and redemption inventory sheets. They will be responsible for keeping track of the prizes they are handing out and turning everything back in at the end of their shifts. All prizes and inventory sheets must balance.
- Keep redemption booth stocked neatly and organized. No garbage left at the end of the shift. Only one employee in booth during a shift.
- Assist in other areas when needed.
- Wear uniform at all times.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE: One year certificate from college or technical school; or three to six months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination or education and experience is helpful.
LANGUAGE SKILLS: Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, activity schedules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to communicate effectively with customers and employees of organization.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio and percent.
REASONING ABILITY: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with all types of customers in a professional manner.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disability to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to walk and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or fee; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance, and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl The employee is occasionally required to sit. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to outside weather conditions. The employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts and risk of electrical shock. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
OTHER QUALIFICATIONS: The ability to establish and maintain, foster, positive, and harmonious working relationships with those contacted in the performance of duties. May need to have own transportation to run errands and/or have a valid driver’s license.