JOBS AT JELLYSTONE PARK™ MILL RUN
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS & RESPONSIBILITIES:
Maintains the RV Park grounds and equipment.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Includes the following plus other related duties as assigned.
- Responsible for opening the plumbing alley and laundry at 8:00am. Turning out exterior lights for the day
- Water and Sewer meter readings daily at 8:00am
- Opens and cleans swimming pool by 9:00am
- Inspects all rides before each use and log the amount of riders each time
- Check and Clean Water Slides before 12:00pm
- Trash picked up twice a day at campsites and all garbage cans located throughout the park
- Get a check-in list daily from Reservations and clean up each campsite making sure the campsites and fire rings are clean and clear of all garbage
- Any time you are out in the park you need to be noting any problems that need attention and picking up any loose litter off the ground
- Report any rule/standard violation on individual sites to the Manager
- Perform exterior maintenance, if necessary. Repair broken meters, water and sewer lines. Performs all light plumbing, carpentry, and electrical work that does not require a licensed contrator
- Check and fill games in game room twice daily and empty ticket eater twice daily
- Answer any calls for rental repairs or customer assistance
- Escort all campers to their campsite and assist them in getting into their site (DO NOT PARK THEIR UNIT FOR THEM)
- Close Water Slides at 8:00pm, check slide attendants out and back wash pool
- Put Movie out 9:00pm and bring back in when finished
- Close Pool at 9:00pm (except Sunday and Thursday, 10:30pm) back wash pool and lockup
- Make sure exterior lights are on at dusk
- Check restrooms and porta johns throughout the day
- Lock plumbing alley, Game Room and Laundry when your shift is over at 11:00pm
- Mowing, weed eating and trimming bushes when needed
- Turn ride check list in daily
- Be at rides at least 5 minutes early and always leave at least 5 minutes late to accommodate late campers (only if you don’t have a full load)
- Any other duties that management deems necessary for the betterment of the park and customer satisfaction
- Wear uniform at all times
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE: One year certificate from college or technical school; or three to six months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination or education and experience is helpful.
LANGUAGE SKILLS: Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, activity schedules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to communicate effectively with customers and employees of organization.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio and percent.
REASONING ABILITY: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with all types of customers in a professional manner.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disability to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to walk and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or fee; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance, and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl The employee is occasionally required to sit. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to outside weather conditions. The employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts and risk of electrical shock. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
OTHER QUALIFICATIONS: The ability to establish and maintain, foster, positive, and harmonious working relationships with those contacted in the performance of duties. May need to have own transportation to run errands and/or have a valid driver’s license.